Pamper yourself naturally with soothing homemade beauty products made with ingredients from your kitchen. These easy recipes (tried, tested and approved by our staff!) will make you feel wonderful on the outside while increasing your overall wellbeing.
Nourishing Banana Cream
Bananas are good for beauty, both inside and out. They contain a host of vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins, vitamins A, C and E, and potassium.
- 1/2 ripe banana (yellow all over with a few small brown freckles)
- 3 tbsp milk
1. Slice banana. In a small bowl and using a fork, mash banana with milk to form a paste.
2. Using fingers, spread banana mixture over face and neck. Let stand on skin for 3-4 minutes.
3. Rinse off banana mixture with lukewarm water. Gently pat face and neck dry with a towel.
Tired Leg and Foot Bath
An infusion of gentle herbs boosts circulation and relieves discomfort on days when you’ve spent too long standing up.
- 4 cups water
- 3 tbsp dried chamomile flowers
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp fresh orange leaves
- warm water
1. In a large saucepan, combine water, chamomile flowers, rosemary leaves, mint leaves and orange leaves; bring just to a boil. Cover and let steep for 20 minutes.
2. Place a fine-mesh sieve over another large heatproof bowl or basin. Strain infusion into bowl, discarding solids. Add more warm water to fill the bowl to desired level.
3. Soak feet in infusion for 15 minutes. Gently pat feet dry with a towel.
Courtesy of The Complete Guide to Natural Homemade Beauty Products and Treatments by Amelia Ruiz © 2016 www.robertrose.ca. Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold.