Contributed by Aura Cacia
If you’re traveling for business, you’ve packed essentials like your laptop, presentation and professional wardrobe. But have you considered what you can bring along to help maintain your physical, emotional and mental well-being on the road?
On the other hand, if you’re traveling for vacation, you’re making sure to schlep all of the snacks, reading materials, clothing, and toiletries, but what about a first aid kit of helpful DIY essential oil-based applications that will help make your trip as safe and enjoyable as possible?
What to Pack
1. Include bottles of protecting, purifying and cleansing essential oils such as tea tree, eucalyptus, lemon and sweet orange.
2. Next, include bottles of calming, relaxing and comforting essential oils such as lavender, geranium and rose otto.
3. Portable roll-on perfume made with skin care oil and essential oil.
4. Essential oil-based face and body spray to help cope, refresh and revitalize your travel-worn mind, body and spirit (see below for a balancing lavender and chamomile DIY face mist recipe!)
How to Pack It
1. Wrap anything breakable in a cushioned sleeve, but not so securely that you can’t easily access it.
2. Place liquid items in a sturdy resealable plastic bag and place it in a protected area of your luggage or car.
3. Label everything.
To freshen car or hotel carpets, simply sprinkle several drops purifying lemon, tea tree or eucalyptus essential oil onto them.
Face Mist with Lavender & Chamomile Essential Oils
15 drops Lavender Essential Oil
2 drops Clary Sage Essential Oil
2 drops Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
5 drops Lemon Essential Oil
¼ cup water
1. In mist bottle, combine essential oils.
2. Top off with water, replace lid and shake until well blended.
3. To use, shake bottle and mist face, avoiding eyes.