Bringing a carry-on bag instead of checking luggage can be a great way to save time and hassle when travelling. It allows you to bypass the check-in process and go straight to security, saving you time and eliminating the risk of lost or delayed luggage.
It can also help you avoid hefty checked-bag fees, which can add up quickly if you fly with a group. Additionally, it allows you to bring items that would otherwise be too large or delicate to check, like a laptop or a camera.
There are several reasons why you might want to pack for carry-on bag instead of checking your luggage:
- Cost savings: Many airlines charge extra fees for checked luggage, and by bringing a carry-on bag, you can avoid these fees (be sure to save money on your flights, too).
- Convenience: With a carry-on bag, you don’t have to wait at the baggage claim area after your flight, and you can avoid the risk of lost or delayed luggage.
- Time savings: Since you don’t have to wait for your luggage to be unloaded from the plane, you can save time at the airport and get on your way faster.
- Security: When you have your bag with you, you can ensure that your belongings are secure and not tampered with during the baggage handling process.
- Mobility: A carry-on bag can be easier to maneuver through the airport, especially if you have connecting flights or have to walk long distances between gates.
Ultimately, choosing to pack for a carry-on can help make your travel experience more stress-free and convenient. Packing for carry-on luggage can be tricky, but with simple tips and tricks, you can make the most of your limited space.
- First, measure your carry-on bag and check the size restrictions of your airline before you start packing. Once you know what size bag you have to work with, it’s time to start packing.
- Make a packing list to ensure you don’t forget anything.
- Pack versatile clothing that can be mixed and matched. Start by choosing lightweight and versatile items like a basic t-shirt, pair of jeans, and a light jacket that can all be dressed up or down.
- Pack a few basic accessories like a scarf, hat, and gloves to complete your outfits.
- To save space, roll your clothing items instead of folding them. You can also use packing cubes or compression bags to save space.
- Plan to wear bulky items like jackets and sneakers to free up space in your carry-on. Consider also bringing a travel neck pillow for comfort. (We love this recent TikTok hack!)
- Pack toiletries in small travel-sized containers and a clear, resealable bag. Don’t pack prohibited items like liquids over 3.4 ounces or sharp objects.
- Then, include all essential items like your passport, tickets, wallet, phone, and charger.
- Bring a reusable water bottle and snacks for the flight.
- Finally, remember to pack any valuables or fragile items in your personal item (separate from the carry-on bag) like a laptop bag or purse. Keep important documents in a separate, easily accessible bag.
- Bonus: travel hacks for when you arrive at your hotel room.
With these tips and tricks, you’ll be packing like a pro in no time!