Spring Spa Images courtesy Eric Mower + Associates
Few things herald the arrival of spring like young shoots pushing through the soil, buds coaxing their way into bloom – and skin that hasn’t seen the light of day since fall emerging from layers of winter clothing. To help get those newly exposed limbs ready for prime time, here’s a curated selection of treatments from top resort spas in the U.S. that will leave skin rejuvenated for the warmer weather to come.
· Put your best foot forward in the Adirondacks: As winter snow turns to spring thaw, hikers can once again hit the Adirondack trails surrounding Whiteface Lodge in Lake Placid, New York. Priming their feet for the job is the Hiker’s Retreat, a treatment at the resort’s luxurious Spa at Whiteface Lodge that promises a “deep healing connection to the earth from the soles of your feet.” Available as a 50- or 80-minute treatment, it begins with a purifying foot soak with Epsom salts, followed by a gentle exfoliation and masque that leaves feet refreshed and hydrated, and ends with a rebalancing reflexology session. Price: $155/$180.
· Tropical fruit bliss at Pebble Beach. The Spa at Pebble Beach’s invigorating Papaya Pineapple Scrub is an ideal treatment to celebrate the arrival of spring. Natural papaya and pineapple enzymes, along with finely crushed grape seeds, exfoliate and gently smooth the skin. Located on the southern coast of California’s Monterey Peninsula, The Spa is one of only 56 spas in the world to receive the 2017 Forbes Five-Star rating. Its menu of massages, scrubs, full-body treatments, day packages and salon services complement the legendary Pebble Beach Resorts experience. The Papaya Pineapple Scrub is priced at $175 for 45 minutes.
· Get beach-ready with a blueberry body wrap. Plump berries have a slimming effect in the antioxidant-rich Blueberry Slimmer & Shimmer Body Wrap, a spring special at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa’s SiSpa. The treatment features Éminence Organics products in a sugar scrub followed by a firming and hydrating body wrap. An application of Blueberry Shimmer Body Lotion with concentrated nutrients of blueberries and shea butter leaves skin looking firm and soft with a subtle glow. Spa-goers can opt to enhance the treatment with a Jalapeno Stimulating Booster to stimulate oxygenation and blood circulation for a rosy, fresh appearance. The 50-minute treatment is priced at $99.
· Youthful skin springs eternal. SiSpa at Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa is offering three spring specials – a facial and two body treatments, each at $99 from April 1 through May 31. The NuFace Skin Fit Facial employs the soft wave micro technology of NuFace to tone facial muscles, partnering it with the marine-based Phytomer skin care line to nourish the skin. The Sitonic is a soothing, replenishing Phytomer treatment that restores skin’s tone, elasticity, and youth. For the Dilo Rescue Wrap, skin is painted with Dilo body gel – a super-charged healing cocktail of tropical dilo nut oil (rich in vitamins A, C, and E), coconut oil and aloe – and wrapped in a cocoon.
· A wakai spring ritual. A Japanese word that means both “mature “ and “youthful,” the concept of wakai is embodied in a ritual perfect for spring at The Spa at Sanctuary, the world-class spa at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa. Aromatic and luxurious, the 90-minute signature wakai renewal begins with a results-oriented exfoliation with intense moisturizers that saturate the skin in nutrients and minerals. It includes a wrap with an antioxidant mask, a scalp and neck massage with revitalizing fresh berry serum, and a 30-minute full-body massage with a body cream infused with cloudberries – the highest known source of vitamin C. Priced at $235 Mon. – Thurs.; $245 Fri. – Sun.